The UN Women Training Centre is pleased to announce an exciting advanced training opportunity on Gender Responsive Budgeting. This face-to-face course aims to combine theory with hands-on training to develop technical skills for implementing specific Gender Responsive Budgeting tools related to governmental spending. The course will be offered in Spanish from 18-22 September in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and in English from 9-13 October in Belgrade, Serbia.
The course will be of particular benefit to development practitioners including United Nations System staff, researchers, policy-makers, civil society and advocates who are working on gender mainstreaming in different spheres such as public policy, planning and budgeting.
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Discuss GRB in an holistic way
- Examine key elements for GRB such as actors, strategies, good practices and challenges implementing GRB
- Interpret how technical tools for GRB can be tailored to different contexts
* English language skills
* Interest in obtaining technical and training skills in GRB
* Commitment to devote 5 full days over the course of 1 week
* If possible, bring a laptop
* Proven experience in gender responsive budgeting: To enroll in the course, it is compulsory to demonstrate knowledge of GRB (i.e. academic or professional experience).
To apply to the GRB course in English (Serbia: 9-13 October) please click here. If you need additional information, you can send us an email to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply to the GRB course in Spanish (Santo Domingo: 18-23 October), please click here. If you need additional information, you can send us an email to : email@example.com