Call for Nominations
- Publish Date: Sep 30, 2020
- Expiry Date: Nov 19, 2020
As the world continues to grapple with the wide-ranging impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the innovation, accountability and effectiveness of public administrations to respond to the crisis and to ensure a green, inclusive and sustainable recovery is more crucial than ever.
The pandemic has further underscored the need for governments and institutions to be better prepared for a crisis in all its forms. In this challenging context, public servants in every realm have continued to work in innovative ways to ensure the delivery of services. The UN Public Service Awards aim to recognize the ongoing work of public institutions in continuing to work towards the SDGs. Four categories have been identified for nominations for the UNPSA 2021:
- Fostering innovation to deliver inclusive and equitable services for all including through digital transformation.
- Enhancing the effectiveness of public institutions to reach the SDGs.
- Promoting gender-responsive public services to achieve the SDGs.
- Institutional preparedness and response in times of crisis.
For more information and details on the nomination process please visit: https://publicadministration.un.org/en/UNPSA