- Publish Date: авг 28, 2020
- Expiry Date: сен 04, 2020
On 1 July 2020 the Secretary-General launched a series of roundtables of renowned economists to address critical issues in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.The first roundtable focused on three pressing areas profoundly affected by the crisis: external debt, external finance and international trade.
The second roundtable in the series on 3 September 2020, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. (EDT), which shifts focus to look at the two defining issues of our time, especially for younger generations:jobs and climate action.The participants will be exceptional young women economists - practitioners, policy makers and academics - who are emerging as leaders in their field and providing “out-of-the-box” solutions to such questions as:
- Hundreds of millions have lost their jobs. What policies have worked so far to mitigate the fall? Can they be scaled up and replicated in other country contexts?
- What policies can help ensure job generation, and ensure that automation and robotization complement human abilities and employment rather than replacing them?
- How can we align business models with more sustainable production and consumption patterns? How can private actors and civil society help?
The roundtable will be moderated by distinguished television and radio journalist, Ms. Zeinab Badawi, and broadcast through UN Web TV. Register for the roundtable here. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.